The Recovery Village is an organization with alcohol and drug rehab facilities located across the country, helping those struggling with substance abuse while providing unique opportunities for education and personal development.
As part of this commitment, The Recovery Village is offering a $1,000 award to students who have been personally affected by addiction and are pursuing a health-related degree program. Areas of study that will be considered include, but are not limited to: counseling, social work, emergency medicine, pre-med, nursing, psychology (with a focus on addiction counseling or a substance-abuse related field).
Do you have a compelling recovery story? Have you witnessed the challenges that addiction can present, or helped someone overcome substance use disorder? Share your experience and describe why you are eager to enter the health care field for a chance to be awarded a $1,000 scholarship.
To enter, simply submit a short essay (no more than 500 words) describing why you are passionate about health care, specifically substance use disorder and mental health treatment. Essays can be in the form of a personal narrative and should have a medical perspective.
Deadline: June 30, 2019
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident.
- Enrolled or accepted in an accredited college or university and plan to continue enrollment.
- Consent to a talent release and be willing to provide a digital photograph and quote for display on Advanced Recovery Systems (ARS) websites if notified as the winner.
- Graduating high school seniors who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply.
Award selection will be based upon:
- Completed application
- Originality (20%)
- Creativity (20%)
- Writing Skills (20%)
- Inspiration (20%)
- Demonstrated interest in addiction treatment and recovery (20%)
See official rules:
Note: The winner will be notified following the deadline and the award will be credited to the student’s school. Certain information must be provided by the student to The Recovery Village in order for the school to receive the funds.
1 CommentAdd a Comment