“Best in Class” is defined as the superior product within a category. The editors and students at HomeschoolingTeen.com judge their favorite curriculum, books, games, and educational materials based on the following qualities when selecting the Best in Class Award:
- Is the material well-crafted, well-written, and accurate in detail?
- Is the format, user interface, or instructions understandable and easy to follow?
- Is the content engaging and enjoyable to use (read, watch, play, or listen to)?
- Is the design and layout visually appealing for a teen audience?
- Does it have a timeless quality that isn’t based on the latest fad?
- Does it cross age barriers to interest other family members?
- Does it require minimal preparation on the parent’s part?
- Does it provide a unique approach to the subject matter?
- Does it reflect a meaningful theme and a memorable style?
- Does the material nourish the intellect and inspire the imagination?
- Does it broaden a student’s horizons and offer new insights?
- Does it accommodate different learning styles?
- Does it include supplemental information / enrichment activities?
- Does it provide excellent content at a reasonable price?
- If applicable, is a Biblical worldview integrated into the material, or does it emphasize worthy characteristics such as traditional values and moral standards?
Did your product win a Homeschooling Teen “Best in Class” award? Congratulations, that’s awesome! Feel free to place an award button on your blog or website:
Please link award buttons to this page: