The mainstream news media, from the Big Three Networks to local newspapers, have become overwhelmingly dominated by the big-government left. If you are sick and tired of the media elite constantly bashing President Trump, I have good news for you. Quite a lot of talented conservative columnists and writers have arisen in recent years to counter the liberal media establishment.
Many conservative websites focus on general news and commentary; some aim to educate and inform the public on various issues; and others specialize in advocating one core issue such as economics, abortion, or gun rights. The latter often encourage grassroots involvement and provide resources for taking action. (I’ll share my list of Top Ten Conservative Education and Advocacy Sites next month. This time I’m focusing on my Top Ten Conservative News Websites.)
While you can find conservative content in many places online, the social media giants combined with the rest of the Drive-By Media sure make it hard for them to compete. Especially when sites like Google and Facebook are suppressing and banning conservative sources whenever they can. That’s why I’m giving you this list, so you can go directly to the sites yourself and subscribe or add them to your bookmarks.
Here I’ve listed in order my personal favorite conservative news and commentary sites, counting up to my #1 favorite. (Numbers 1-5 are the ones I visit most often, while sites 6-10 I only visit occasionally.) If you want to get your news free of liberal bias, be sure to check out these sites whether you are a political conservative, economic conservative, social conservative, or Christian conservative.
10. National Review – Founded in 1955 by author William F. Buckley Jr. as an editorial magazine of conservative opinion, National Review helped define the modern conservative movement. Today it continues to be a premier destination for conservative thought and is one of the leading websites for foreign policy analysis. The “Cartoons of the Day” by Michael Ramirez are also pretty cool.
9. PJ Media – Formerly known as Pajamas Media when it was founded in 2004, PJ Media is the place to go for exclusive conservative commentary in column and blog format, from news and politics to faith, culture and lifestyle.
8. The Blaze – Founded by multimedia personality Glenn Beck, the Blaze is a digital network that provides a platform for a new generation of authentic, unfiltered voices. The wide-ranging site features breaking news, original commentary, and independent content created and delivered in a news magazine format with videos and timely stories.
7. Breitbart – Breitbart is a far-right news, opinion and commentary website founded in mid-2007 by conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart, who conceived it as “the Huffington Post of the right.” He’s the guy who suffered an untimely death on March 1, 2012, just hours before he was set to release video footage that showed Barack Obama in his college days alongside former Weather Underground terrorists.
6. Infowars is a controversial far-right anti-authority conspiracy site that makes money on the side selling dietary supplement and survivalist products. Host Alex Jones may have some outrageous views, but if you can take his claims with a grain of salt, he does offer an entertaining approach to current events, especially when it comes to pointing out the rampant hypocrisy of the left. Jones managed to get himself banned by every major social media platform this year, which only seems to have increased his popularity among those who don’t believe in censorship based on politics.
5. Townhall – Townhall.com was founded in 1995 as one of the first conservative grassroots communities on the internet. This site was really popular during the Tea Party’s heyday, and it’s still an excellent source for conservative news and great commentary on politics and the media. The site also features daily political cartoons by Steve Kelley that can be easily shared on Facebook.
4. The Drudge Report – As a conservative news aggregator, this website consists mainly of links to news stories from other outlets about politics, entertainment, and current events. But whatever Drudge links to becomes what everyone is talking about. In 1998, it was the first news source to break the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal to the public, after Newsweek decided to hold its story. (Drudge is no longer conservative, according to Rush Limbaugh, Tucker Carlson, and Townhall. A perfect substitute, which as of July 2020 is now one of my favorite conservative news websites, is listed below.)
4. The Gateway Pundit – The Gateway Pundit is consistently ranked as one of the top political blogs in the nation. Founder Jim Hoft was awarded the Reed Irvine Accuracy in Media Award in 2013 and is the proud recipient of the Breitbart Award for Excellence in Online Journalism from the Americans for Prosperity Foundation in May 2016. TGP has been cited by Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, The Blaze, Mark Levin, FOX Nation and by several international news organizations.
3. The American Thinker – While this site will not blow you away with a splashy home page or flashy graphics, it will reel you in with thoughtful conservative opinion content that can’t be found elsewhere. Contributors are accomplished in many fields beyond journalism and inspired to write for the general public out of concern for the significant issues of importance on the national agenda. The American Thinker invites readers to join the discussion and publishes political cartoons by a variety of contributors.
2. Newsmax – If you’ve been out of the loop and just want a simple, quick, broad overview of current headlines including American news, global news, health, money, science, technology, etc. along with conservative commentary, look no further than Newsmax.com. Or for all the latest breaking stories from a Christian perspective, go to One News Now, brought to you by the American Family News Network. (NOTE: I like both of these sites equally, which is why they’re tied for second place.)
1. The Rush Limbaugh Show – Easily the best. Nothing else comes close. There’s a reason why Rush Limbaugh is No.1. He’s a voice of logic and reason amid a sea of hysteria and misinformation, as he masterfully articulates the ideas and feelings that many Americans hold on a wide range of issues. Whenever I find myself infuriated, depressed, or confused by the headlines of the day, I tune in to hear Rush’s intelligent insight and analysis. The way he explains all the crazy things that are happening always makes me feel better and helps me to understand what’s really going on. And he still manages to have fun while doing so, incorporating wit and humor into each and every broadcast. That must be why he’s still going strong after 30 years in the business!
Did I miss one of your favorite conservative news sites? Please leave a comment and let me know! Or is your #1 news source a different one? Please tell me why!