When the world came to a screeching halt in early 2020 we knew that the job market would go through significant changes. From the advent of Zoom interviews to the adoption of fully remote workplaces, finding a job looks significantly different now than it did ten months ago.
Over the past year we’ve been surveying professors and experts across the country for this moment — what can graduating students expect as they enter the job market in the middle of a pandemic?
After months of work, we now have aggregated over 3,741 expert opinions across 23 industries and 616 job titles. Experts from the BLS, and professors from Yale and Harvard, among many others, gave their opinions on what will be the most in-demand skills, training, and technology.
While most experts don’t see the impact of the pandemic lasting more than several years, that can feel like an eternity – especially early in your career. So we asked our experts for additional guidance for young professionals.
The experts provided thorough breakdowns of the pandemic’s impact by industry to help understand what recent graduates can do to jump start their careers. What industry do you need advice in?
- Architecture and Engineering
- Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Media
- Building and Ground Maintenance
- Business and Financial
- Community and Social Services
- Computer and Mathematical
- Construction and Extraction
- Education, Training, and Library
- Executive Management
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry
- Food Preparation and Restaurant
- Healthcare Practitioner and Technical
- Healthcare Support
- Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- Physical and Social Science
- Office and Administrative
- Personal Care and Attendants
- Production and Manufacturing
- Protective Service
We summarized the results and let you browse by industry and job title here: https://www.zippia.com/future-job-market