Looking for a science competition to challenge your students that also helps improve the common good? The Clean Tech Competition is exactly what you are looking for, as thousands of students and teachers across the globe have already found that to be true! Clean Tech is a free-to-enter international research and design competition for 15-18 year old pre-university students, and for the last nine years we have been encouraging research into sustainable solutions to help save our planet!
2020 Theme: “Reducing Individual Impacts”
This year’s theme of Reducing Individual Impacts encapsulates the struggle we all go through daily; one where it feels like you as an individual are unable to do much in the grand scheme of things, but you wish to make a difference, and what to know how to do so. In this running of our annual event, we are looking to our competitors to help us answer this existential question. But as we know, this struggle can vary deeply all over the world, depending on the means your community has. Which leads us to our categories:
Limited Resources / Abundant Resources
We want students to research a specific area and challenge, then propose something that individuals can do to reduce their footprint and solve that challenge, based on having limited or an excess of resources. There are quite literally a world of problems out there we can solve, making the possibilities for your students almost endless. Challenge them today to make that difference!
Each year, the Spellman High Voltage Electronics Clean Tech Competition encourages scientific understanding of real-world issues and the integration of environmentally responsible energy sources. The goals and guidelines are as follows:
- Teams consist of 1-3 students, are assisted by a Team Leader (i.e. parent, teacher, or mentor), to develop a written proposal.
- There is no entry fee.
- First Round consists of written Paper Submissions
- 10 Finalist Teams per category are selected and given a $200 stipend to help them prepare a Prototype and presentation for the Finalist Event.
- Finalists compete for the $10,000 grand prize in each category, and a “Continued Mentorship”
- Official Competition website: https://www.cstl.org/cleantech
- Flyer ready for posting available here.
Competition Administrator: Mr. Kevin Sanders
Phone: +1-516-764-0045 :
“From young minds come fresh solutions”