At PhotographyTalk.com, our mission is to help people become better photographers.
That includes helping amateur and professional photographers expand their skill set to take better photos and build more successful photography businesses.
Now, we’re expanding our footprint to help a whole new group of people – students – to use photography to better their place in the world.
Whether you’re studying to be an auto mechanic, a teacher, or the next Jeff Bezos, photography does not discriminate. These days, we all carry around cell phones that have amazing cameras, which means anyone can master the art of photography.
We want to help the next generation of photographers realize their educational dreams by supporting students in their college studies.
For this reason, we are making it possible for one college-bound student (16 years of age or older) to receive a $1,000 PhotographyTalk Scholarship that can be used for tuition, fees, and related educational expenses.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student who is currently enrolled at a college or university in the United States. Documentation that shows acceptance or attendance at a two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational school is required.
Two ways to apply:
The applicant should submit a well-written essay of no more than 1000 words OR a 3-5 minute video that answers the following questions:
- Provide a concrete example of how photography has impacted your life.
- Identify your greatest photography strength and weakness.
- Why do you deserve this scholarship?
- Where do you see yourself in five years, and how will this scholarship help you get to that point?
- How do you intend to use photography to improve the world in which we live?
Download the PhotographyTalk Scholarship official rules (PDF).
- Submission deadline: January 15, 2019
- Winner Announcement: February 15, 2019
We invite your students to apply for our scholarship!
PhotographyTalk Scholarship Department