At Modern Castle, we see ourselves as educators and researchers of all things home. It is our goal to publish the most useful, interesting, and beautiful reviews to help our readers discover, research, and select the products that best help them create the home of their dreams.
The team at Modern Castle was fortunate to be able to attend four-year universities. So it’s our hope that we can also help support others to pursue their dreams through higher education and life-long learning.
We would like to invite your students for our scholarship program. The next deadline is March 15, 2020.
To be eligible to win the Modern Castle scholarship, applicants must be:
- A currently enrolled high school (or homeschooled) senior planning on attending an accredited post-secondary institution in the US in the following year OR an undergraduate student currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution in the US
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of this application (or already enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution in the US)
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- US Citizen
To enter for a chance to win the Modern Castle $1,000 scholarship, please create a short video (no longer than 5 minutes) answering the following questions:
- While you were growing up, what aspects of your home felt modern?
- What technological trends do you think will most dramatically impact the way the modern home runs in the future?
- What aspects of the home do you feel are most in need of modernization? Using current and / or near-future technology, how would you modernize it?
The winning video submission will be the video that best answers the above questions in the most interesting, entertaining, informative, creative, and engaging way.
Below are a few other tips for your submission:
- The video should be a maximum of 5 minutes long.
- Video production quality counts. Don’t film on portrait (unless you have a good reason).
- Don’t simply talk into a web cam or your cell phone for 5 minutes straight. Mix it up a bit with interesting elements, change shooting angles, and use creative graphics to help engage the viewer.
- Don’t read off of an obvious script in front of you.
- Make it fun!
Award Amount: $1000
Deadline: March 31, 2020
More information about the scholarship is available at the link below.
UPDATE: As of February 2021, we have made the decision to discontinue our scholarship program.