Lessons in Your Home is a nationwide business that offers music lessons to students of all ages. They are offering a $500 scholarship to one student studying any aspect of music at a U.S. institution of higher learning. This scholarship can be used for tuition, books, rooming, and other appropriate educational expenses.
The Lessons in Your Home Scholarship is open to prospective and enrolled college students. Applicants must be:
- A fulltime student in school.
- Studying aspects of music, music business, performance, or production (major or minor in any music school program).
- Studying at a U.S. institution.
- Age 18 or older (high school seniors welcome).
- Able to deliver all specified documents: proof of enrollment, essay, and other information if necessary.
How To Apply
Students email Isaiah Ram (email on site at https://lessonsinyourhome.net/scholarship) with the following information:
- Your name, address, phone number, and name of the college you’re attending.
- A 600-word essay on why the world needs music, along with a summary of your journey in music.
- When submitting the essay in your email, the essay file must be in .docx format. Only one essay submission per applicant.
- Enrollment proof and other necessary documents must be provided if chosen for this reward.
- The winner’s essay and basic information may be shared on the Lessons in Your Home website.
Deadline for Applications
The scholarship opened on January 1, 2022. The final day for applying is March 25, 2022. The top 5 applicants will be reviewed by April 6th. The winner will be notified on April 12, 2022.
You can find all the scholarship requirements here: https://lessonsinyourhome.net/scholarship
Read about the previous winner here.
Since 1977, Lessons in Your Home has been dedicated to giving high-quality music lessons in the convenience of people’s homes, either in person or online. They will pair you with a teacher on staff that best matches your age, schedule, skill level, and goals. Their music teachers are located in nine cities: Atlanta, Houston, Washington DC, Miami/South Florida, Denver, Orlando, Baltimore, Seattle, and Dallas. For more information, visit https://lessonsinyourhome.net.