Online learning (or e-learning) refers to education that happens over the Internet, in which the courses are taught online. Learning online allows you to get a diploma, degree, certificate, license, and more without leaving your room.
As the popularity of online education continues to grow, the team at IvyPanda has outlined the benefits and challenges of studying online. The IvyPanda team has also debunked some common myths and misconceptions regarding remote learning.
Here is an overview of what their research shows, followed by an infographic.
3 Key Factors in Online Learning:
- Easy access.
- Low cost.
7 Benefits of Remote Education:
- International education becomes available and affordable.
- Study according to your learning patterns.
- Students have more control over their studies.
- Most online courses offer a flexible schedule.
- The range of available programs is vast.
- Students can create their perfect study environment.
- Communication between tutors and students is increased.
6 Challenges of Online Education:
- Too much sitting and not enough exercise.
- Remote education is isolating.
- Devices get broken or corrupted.
- Students get distracted easily.
- It’s tricky to remain motivated to study.
- Some students get ignored.
6 Skills Developed by Studying Online:
- Time Management.
- Technical Literacy.
- Critical Thinking.
9 Myths about Online Learning:
- Online education is easy.
- Technologies are distracting and difficult.
- You have to teach yourself.
- Online courses won’t teach you anything.
- Online degrees are useless.
- E-learning lacks structure.
- Online learning is lonely.
- Everyone is cheating.
- It’s bad for the students’ health.
10 Tips for Successful Online Learning:
- Set daily goals.
- Plan your time.
- Check your email each day.
- Improve your sleeping habits.
- Participate in online discussions.
- Try dressing up.
- Take breaks.
- Send questions to your tutor.
- Work on your diet.
- Organize your study area.
Learn about these topics in more detail by reading IvyPanda’s full report:
Their insights about learning online are extremely useful for parents, students, instructors, and anyone working in the education industry.