Knoji is like if you took the FAQ pages of your favorite stores, combined them with the real life shopping experiences of shoppers (think Amazon reviews), and sprinkled in some insight from topic experts and influencers — all housed in one searchable Q&A site!
Knoji is starting a new scholarship for college students this semester, centered around corporate social responsibility and how that impacts the way a brand is received by college-aged shoppers.
Here are some great examples: eyeglass brand Warby Parker uses a portion of its sales revenue to support providing eye glasses and vision care to people in need. Shoe brand Toms donates one pair of shoes to people in need for every pair of shoes they sell. Cosmetics brand LUSH sells a product called Charity Pot of which 100% of the price goes to support small non-profits dedicated to animal rights.
Create a short YouTube video (2 to 3 minutes in length, no longer than 5 minutes) to share your favorite brand which you think is having an awesome positive impact. Your video’s title must be: “Knoji Brand Values Scholarship: Why I Love [Brand Name]”. Describe the brand, who they are, and what they’re all about. Maybe you can influence other people to check them out!
In your video, you must answer the following:
- Identify the brand, where they’re located, and what products or services they provide.
- How is this brand making a difference? What are their brand values?
- Why is this brand’s mission is meaningful to you personally? If possible, share a story or personal anecdote that illustrates this.
- Why should other people buy from this brand?
Here are some more details:
- Prize amount: $1,000
- Eligibility: Must have a valid .edu email address at a US college or university.
- Requirements: Create a short YouTube video (2 to 3 minutes in length, no longer than 5 minutes) to share your favorite brand which you think is having an awesome positive impact.
- Winner selection criteria: Is your video well-produced, entertaining, and engaging? Does it stand out? How well do you promote your brand? Do we want to buy from this brand after seeing your video?
Submissions are due by Friday, November 9, 2018.
- By submitting your video, you are giving Knoji permission to use your video for promotional purposes (on their blog and social media channels).
- The winner will be announced on Monday, December 3, 2018. The winner will be notified via email and will have 2 weeks to claim their prize.
- The $1,000 prize will be remitted via PayPal within one week of the prize being claimed. You must have a valid PayPal account to receive your prize.
You can find the submission form here: https://knoji.com/scholarship