I’m Dan with The Kaplan Group. I wanted to let you know about the Kaplan Group 2019 Business Scholarship opportunity available to Homeschooling Teen students.
For over 20 years, The Kaplan Group has had extensive experience solving problems and negotiating B2B transactions for clients large and small. Now, we want to give back. We see value in continuous education and helping students grow.
Because of this, The Kaplan Group is offering a $1,000 scholarship to any undergraduate or graduate student with a GPA of 2.5 or higher pursuing a business or law-oriented degree program at an accredited 2 year or 4 year college or university in the USA.
Eligible fields of study include: MBA, Finance, Accounting, Law, Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics, and Business Administration.
Applicants for the Kaplan Group 2019 Business Scholarship must complete a short survey and also choose one of three 600-word essay topics to write about.
- Topic 1 – Tell Us About A Personal Finance Experience. Most of us have been challenged financially sometime during our lives. Tell us about an experience in your life where you had to manage or learn how to manage your personal finances. What did you do to keep or get your finances under control?
- Topic 2 – Financial Statements & Business Models. Please tell us about a past business you have worked for and which financial statement you think is the most important to their business and why. Feel free to refer to our Introduction to Financial Statement Analysis modules if you need to learn more or brush up on your financial statement basics.
- Topic 3 – Should You Sue A Customer? Please review the flowchart: “Should you sue your customer?” and write about:
- One situation where you SHOULD sue your customer.
- One situation where you SHOULD NOT sue your customer.
- In each scenario, explain what factors you considered when deciding whether to pursue a lawsuit; simply repeating what is in the flowchart will not result in a winning essay.
Applications for the scholarship are due by August 11th for the 2019-2020 academic year. With the deadline soon approaching, now is the time to apply for this scholarship.
Full details of the scholarship can be seen at the link below: