By The Right-Wing Teen
If you think America could never become a communist country, think again. History shows that an empire survives, on average, a mere 250 years.
Hmm, let’s see… 2023 – 1776 = 247. Oh no!
So what will happen to the United States? Our Founders established the freest and most prosperous nation in human history. If there were a chance that America’s values and prestige would collapse around the Fourth of July in 2026, what would you do?
That’s the question author and syndicated columnist Cal Thomas posed in a presentation, “America’s Expiration Date,” at The Heritage Foundation.
Thomas based his speech on his book of the same name, which examines eight of the greatest empires in world history and how they tended to spiral into decline after about 250 years in power.
By that metric, America is next.
That’s not too surprising when you consider how the US has gradually turned away from the principles of individual rights, limited constitutional government, private property, and free markets. Instead, we have increasingly embraced the ideas of socialism and communism.
In 2008 Obama boldly promised that he would “fundamentally transform” America. So did FDR and LBJ. All Democrats, by the way.
Xi Van Fleet, a woman who escaped Communist China under Chairman Mao had this to say about Donald Trump’s recent arrest:
I lived through the most brutal communist regime in China and I witnessed a lot, and now I recount one of the darkest moments I witnessed is the day when the former president of the United States was indicted and mugshot in Georgia prison. I have to say I think America is quickly becoming a communist country and our rule of law has been turned into what Marxists call proletarian dictatorship. The party in power is after its political opposition and it is not just the president, but people like activists are now in jail, as political prisoners in the free country of the United States.
I have a word for everybody, including the conservatives: learn a little bit about history and about Cultural Revolution. What’s happening here is a repeat. Leaders who have arrested their political opponents include:
Lenin, Soviet Union – Communist
Hitler, Germany – Socialist
Pol Pot, Cambodia – Communist
Stalin, Soviet Union – Communist
Mao Zedong, China – Communist
Nicolás Maduro, Venezuela – Socialist
Kim Jong-un, North Korea – Communist
Military junta of Myanmar – Communist
Ali Khamenei, Iran – Islamic
Yoweri Museveni, Uganda – Communist
Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe – Communist
Hun Sen, Cambodia – Communist
Biden, United States – Democrat
Notice how they mostly all have one thing in common? Communism!
The Communist Manifesto
The Communist Manifesto is a short document composed by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels in 1848 in an attempt to popularize and clarify the philosophy of communism. It is also a very clear and refined articulation of the basic ideas of Marxism.
The Manifesto opens Chapter 1 with a proclamation claiming that throughout human history, there have always been class struggles and race wars, in which one group oppresses and exploits the other. Today we even have gender warfare. Divide and conquer. That is the Marxist way!
Chapter 2 declares that the nation state is closely tied to capitalism and therefore we need to do away with nationalism. That is why they discourage the teaching of American history or distort it, while destroying statues of American heroes and renaming historical landmarks. They are purposefully trying to erase our culture and history.
Chapters 3 and 4 of the Communist Manifesto discuss the communists’ relationship with other opposition movements and parties of the time, setting themselves apart from socialism. The socialists seek only minor changes within the existing framework, and do not seek to overhaul it. Marx asserts that communism is not about making the system better but about changing it altogether and overthrowing capitalism in order to usher in the new era of a classless society.
The United States of America, whose founders included such great minds as Thomas Jefferson, George Mason, James Madison, John Adams and Patrick Henry, was founded on the principles of individual rights, limited constitutional government, private property, and free markets. So, is the U.S. a “free country” today?
Goals of Communism
Let’s compare the 10 main goals of the Communist Manifesto with existing U.S. laws and current trends (in parentheses):
- Abolition of private land ownership and use of land rent for public purposes. (Environmental regulations and eminent domain laws.)
- A heavy progressive or graduated income tax. (The Internal Revenue Service federal income tax brackets.)
- Abolition of all rights of inheritance. (Estate tax, a tax on your right to transfer cash and securities, real estate, insurance, trusts, annuities, business property, and other assets to your family upon your death.)
- Confiscation of the property of all rebels. (Federal authorities seized more than $90,000 from a Utah bank account owned by a defendant who was charged only with recording video at the U.S. Capitol on January 6.)
- Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly. (The Federal Reserve/central banking.)
- Centralization of all means of communication in the hands of the State. (Liberal elites and Big Tech beholden to the Democrat party control most news and social media outlets, and they actively censor or de-platform independent voices.)
- Increasing the number of state-owned factories, production tools, land clearing and soil improvement according to a common plan. (The Green New Deal.)
- Equal obligation of all to work, with establishment of industrial reserve armies. (Keeping a supply of disadvantaged workers on standby for future expansions in production, i.e. the unemployed.)
- Combining agricultural and manufacturing industries, measures aimed at gradually removing the distinction between the country and the city by equal distribution of the populace. (There’s been a steady shift to fewer and larger farming operations across crops, dairy, and livestock; and many small food production plants have been bought up by huge conglomerates.)
- Free education for all children in public schools and prohibition of factory work for children, but combination of education with industrial production. (Government schools. The public education system is a form of oppression, preparing students for compliant employee jobs.)
Communists have been infiltrating the education system for decades, dumbing down students and ruining morality. They know that public education makes it easy for young people to be manipulated and indoctrinated.
Vladimir Lenin said, “Give me just one generation of youth, and I’ll transform the whole world.”
Instead of math, reading, science, history and civics as outlined in The Constitution, divert their attention and time with divisive propaganda such as race and envy (CRT, rich vs poor, the haves vs the have-nots, inclusion, equity, diversity, tolerance, white privilege, gay rights and transgenderism, climate change, and identity politics)– all are dog whistles for Cultural Marxism and meant to divide Americans.
“United we stand, divided we fall.” A favorite saying of political orators from Benjamin Franklin to Abraham Lincoln, and it’s true.
Government officials who use division, coercion and censorship aren’t interested in equality, fairness, or truth. They’re interested in money, power and control. This ideology is spreading not just in the US, but around the world.
Nevertheless, throughout history, people don’t want to be treated like second-class citizens. Marxism and communism have proven to be colossal failures over and over again. As French economist Frederic Bastiat wrote in his classic The Law just prior to his death: “Let us now try liberty”!
In honor of Constitution Week, learn about the values upon which our country was founded. Get your copy of the Citizens Rule Book today, only $1 each from Homeschool Patriot!