Here is a STEAM project for the fall semester: give your room a makeover with warm colors! STEAM means integrating art and design with science, technology, engineering, and math. The purpose of STEAM should not be so much to teach art but to apply art in real situations. Applied knowledge leads to deeper learning. STEAM students need to create and design objects that are functional, look good, and work together in an innovative, elegant way. If there is one STEAM topic that gets visual art educators passionately talking, it’s a lesson in color. The study of color combines art, science, and psychology. Careful color choices can solve problems by making small rooms look bigger, dark rooms seem brighter, or cool rooms feel warmer. Here, the designers at Nifty Interio tell us how to craft a warm décor using color.
Color is an international visual language that can be understood by everyone. So, the interior designers of Nifty Interio try to communicate something by introducing different colors in interior designing. As the best interior designers in Hyderabad, we understand how colors behave, how they can change their characteristics, and how they can enhance our mood.
The design of a space should feel inviting, warm and friendly. The interior designers in Hyderabad can achieve all that with colors. For example, certain colors like brown, orange and red are well known for generating a warm and pleasant feel in a room. Selecting color is the first step towards the interior decoration.
There are some basics to know when using a color wheel:
- Complementary colors: blue and orange; red and green; yellow and violet, these colors are directly opposite to each other on the color wheel. The best interior designers in Hyderabad use complementary colors as accent colors in small quantities.
- Triads: yellow, blue and red (primary colors); or orange, green and violet (secondary colors) are considered triads as they form a triangle on the color wheel. These colors can be utilized as accent colors but they must be balanced. The top interior designers in Hyderabad have that knowledge of how much we can use these colors so they don’t overwhelm a room.
- Analogous colors: red, red-orange, and orange or blue, blue-green, and green; these groups of colors are present right beside each other on the color wheel. The best interior designers will choose one dominant color while the other analogous colors are used to enrich the scheme, creating a look that has a certain temperature as well as proper color harmony.
- Monochromatic colors: using only one single color – such as blue – to keep it simple and easy on the eyes, but in various shades and tints ranging from navy blue to powder blue. Shades are made by adding black and tints by adding white to the same base color. It can be difficult to highlight the most important elements when using this scheme, but that’s what interior designers do best.
- Cool and warm colors: cool and warm colors are used by interior designers to enhance mood. Blue, green and purple are cool colors. They calm and soothe us because they remind us of grass, water and sky. Red, orange and yellow are warm colors. They heat us up because they remind us of sunshine and fire.
- Non-colors: On the color wheel, non-colors are not found but they play a very critical role in interior design. Greys, beiges, browns, whites, and blacks are all non-colors. They match with all colors and don’t create much of an emotion. That’s why they’re called neutrals. But proper utilization is also needed, which is what interior designers in Hyderabad perfectly know.
Colors affect people in very different ways according to age, gender, background, and climate. It is good to begin by answering some fundamental questions about the room when decorating.
- What feeling do you want the color to enhance? Like in the kitchen you want to increase appetite and energy, in the living room you want calmness, in the bedroom you may want to include a sunroom or flower decoration.
- What will the specific rooms be used for? Is it a private or public space? How much space do you want to use?
- How much light and what type of light will be used in the room? Is there natural lighting available or the top interior designers in Hyderabad have to introduce lighting sources in the room. It is always good to test the paint in both natural and artificial light prior to finalizing a particular color.
- What types of accents will be used in the room? Do you want any bold accents in the pattern, texture, or space? Or you want to keep it simple?
Following these color strategies will make it possible to create a unique interior space designed to suit your taste and reflect your personality. Having all this knowledge, our interior designers are becoming the top interior designer in Hyderabad.
Contact: 9553278124, 9959324192