By Tab Olsen
I’m the one who reviewed the DeskCycle back in 2016. I still love my DeskCycle and it suits its purpose well, which is bicycling under your desk.
I had been using a regular office chair, although what I really wanted was a wobble chair. (Balance ball chairs are too weird in my opinion.) But wobble chairs were always so expensive. That is… until I found the Wobble Stool Air!
Finally, an affordable wobble stool!
WOBBLE STOOL AIR is a chair alternative for active sitting. It’s a swiveling ergonomic stool with a bouncy wiggle seat cushion. The height is adjustable – you can raise it up like a bar stool or lower it down to regular chair level. I imagine it would even work as a keyboard stool – especially if you’re playing jazz piano. 😉
It took some getting used to when I first sat down on the Wobble Stool, because it keeps you off kilter, so you feel like you’re tipping and you want to grab onto something to hold yourself steady. But after a while you get used to it and you can balance just fine while wobbling without holding on to anything. I can easily type on my desktop computer while wobbling, too, no problem.
Do you often spend a long time sitting at your desk writing, working, or computing, and by the time you decide to get up you feel like you’re stuck to your chair? That always happened to me but not any more. The Wobble Stool Air is great for strengthening your core muscles while you sit, and keeping your body active so you don’t turn into a slug.
Desk Cycle / Wobble Stool Combo
The best thing is, the Wobble Stool Air goes perfectly with my DeskCycle! In fact, they work so well together, it’s like they were made for each other. Seriously, they should be sold as a set! Two legs of the Wobble Stool fit precisely over the base of the DeskCycle to keep it in place so no worries about rolling away.
With the Wobble Stool and DeskCycle, I already lost five pounds in just the first few months of use. I wobble and bike for 45-50 miles PER DAY while sitting at my desk! It’s fun, too, especially when listening to music while working and wobbling away!
I don’t know how long the Wobble Stool Air has been on the market, but I sure wish I’d found it years ago. Combined with the DeskCycle, it works much better than a regular chair for the purpose of exercising at your desk. I’m wobbling and cycling right now as I write this – what a great idea, getting work done and a fun workout at the same time!
I swear by my DeskCycle and Wobble Stool. Not only are they a great way to burn calories as you exercise while working, they don’t take up much space. No need for a separate exercise bike! There are just a couple of things to keep in mind…
- The seat of the stool is held on with really short screws, so don’t pick up the stool and carry it around by the seat. The screws will loosen and work their way out, and it’s hard to screw them back into the cheap particleboard underneath. So if you must pick it up, hold it by the base only.
- The seat is a good size and the air cushion is thick enough for most people, but beware of anyone who is too large or overweight sitting on it. (They say the maximum weight is 250 lbs, but I wouldn’t go over 200 just to be safe. Anyone bigger than that won’t be comfortable sitting on a little stool anyway.)
In summary, what do I love most about the Wobble Stool Air?
- It keeps my body moving while sitting at my desk!
- It’s a perfect match for my DeskCycle!
- The Wobble Stool Air only comes in black, but standard 15-inch round bar stool covers will fit on it so you can easily customize the color!
- The Wobble Stool Air costs only $60!