The Thanksgiving holiday, for many college students, is an oasis in the middle of fall semester. It’s a chance to return home and recharge. You can take a break from midterms and papers. For a lot of students, it might be their first chance to get some good food and spend time with their families and old friends. Here are some ideas for fun things to do:
- Spend time with family. The holidays are a great time to catch up with family members and spend quality time together. You can cook meals together, play games, watch movies, or take a walk.
- Reconnect with friends. You can also use this time to reconnect with old friends from high school or other college friends who are also back in town.
- Cook a meal together. Cooking a meal together is a great way to bond and create memories. You can try out new recipes or cook traditional family dishes. It’s a fun way to spend time together and enjoy a delicious meal.
- Play games. Board games, card games, or video games are a great way to spend time together and have fun. You can play classic games like Monopoly or try out new games that everyone can enjoy.
- Watch movies. Watching movies together is a great way to relax and unwind. You can watch classic Thanksgiving movies like “Avalon,” “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” or “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.”
- Volunteer. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community and spend time with your family while making a positive impact. You can volunteer at a local food bank, soup kitchen, animal shelter, or participate in a charity walk or run.
- Take a walk. Taking a walk together is a great way to get some fresh air and exercise. You can explore your local neighborhood or park, and enjoy the beautiful fall weather while enjoying each other’s company.
- Explore your hometown. You can also use this time to explore your hometown and visit local attractions that you may not have had time to see before.
- Get ahead on schoolwork. If you have assignments or projects due soon after the holiday, you can use this time to get ahead on your schoolwork. This will help you avoid stress when you go back to college.
College students can do lots of things when they come home for Thanksgiving. But don’t put too much pressure on yourself to be productive. Remember, the most important thing to do during the holiday break is to relax and enjoy time with loved ones.