Dean Delaney sent us an infographic called Complete College Application Guide, which we’ve posted for you below. It was originally published on the Business Essay blog.
How do you impress the admissions committee and get into your dream school? Keep reading to find out!
Things to Do
- Mind the Deadlines
- A missed deadline is an opportunity lost.
- Make a Checklist
- Gather all the application materials you will need.
- Boost Your Academic Profile
- Study hard and do your best to raise your GPA.
- Write an Admission Essay
- Showcase your interests and personality.
- Get Recommendation Letters
- Let others tell about your achievements.
- List Your Extracurricular Activities
- Hobbies, sports, and volunteering are all valuable experience.
- Visit the Campus Beforehand
- Attend an open house at your dream college.
Do’s and Don’ts
- DON’T skip important details in your application.
- DO provide all the necessary information about yourself.
- DON’T wait until the last minute.
- DO keep track of application dates.
- DON’T make your resume too long.
- DO keep your resume length to two pages or less.
- DON’T write a generic essay not showing specific interest in the prospective college.
- DO explain why you belong in the college you’re applying to.
- DON’T exaggerate your extracurricular activities.
- DO be honest about your activities and achievements.
- DON’T just apply to the most prestigious schools.
- DO apply to colleges that don’t rank high but still have plenty of benefits.
- DON’T forget to submit test scores or essays even when they’re optional.
- DO make your application as complete as possible.
- DON’T post inappropriate content on social media.
- DO keep your online presence clean.
- DON’T give mediocre interviews to college representatives.
- DO show your genuine interest when answering questions.
- DON’T make stupid mistakes.
- DO review your application and edit it if necessary.
The original article, “How to Choose a College That’s Right for You,” contains even more info! Read it at this link. Here is the infographic: