Photo by Adam Winger on Unsplash
Scholarship Name: Beauty and Wellness Professionals Scholarship
Awarded by: BeautySchoolsDirectory.com
Deadline: March 1
Who’s Eligible: Any student, including DACA recipients, who are pursuing a career in the beauty industry
Apply Here: https://www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com/cosmetology-school-scholarships
In an effort to help as many current and prospective beauty and wellness professionals achieve their career goals as possible, BeautySchoolsDirectory.com is passionate about connecting individuals with education that opens career opportunities.
Twice per year, they award a $2,500 scholarship to a student pursuing a career in cosmetology, esthetics, barbering, and a number of other specializations within the beauty and wellness industry. The next scholarship deadline is March 1, 2021!
Do you have a passion for changing lives through wellness and beauty? You may submit one application per scholarship period. The award may be used for all educational expenses, including tuition, books, and housing. The Beauty and Wellness Professionals Scholarship is open to:
- Students under 18 (provided they have obtained parental consent).
- Current students actively enrolled in or applying to an accredited beauty-related program, such as cosmetology school or esthetician school, or another eligible beauty and wellness degree program (defined further below).
- Part-time students in such programs.
To be selected, students must be currently enrolled in or applying to any of the following programs from an accredited school:
- Massage Therapy
- Electrology, Laser Hair Removal, or Trichology
- Hair Design or Hair Braiding
- Makeup Artistry or Permanent Makeup
- Nail Technology
- Salon Management or Cosmetology Teaching
- Other relevant beauty industry program, at the selection committee’s discretion
The Beauty and Wellness Professionals Scholarship Selection Committee reviews all submitted scholarship applications based on the following selection criteria:
- Inspiration for choosing your career path
- Impact you hope to have in your field
- Thoughtfulness and accuracy of responses
- What inspired you to pursue beauty as a career?
- Why do you feel you should be chosen to receive a cosmetology school scholarship?
- What are your future career goals after getting licensed? Where do you hope to be in 10 years?
More details on the Beauty and Wellness Professionals Scholarship can be found here: https://www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com/cosmetology-school-scholarships
In addition, they have an up-to-date list of additional scholarships available for students in the beauty field: https://www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com/financial-aid/scholarships
And even more information for students seeking additional financial aid options: https://www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com/financial-aid
Director, Website Marketing