EduNetwork Partners is excited to announce the Andretti FASTTRACK Xperience (AFX), an innovative way for students to learn STEAM concepts through the backdrop of motorsports. This program was developed in partnership with Team STEAM Nation (501(c)(3) non-profit) and Kia Motors America.
The curriculum includes engaging videos and hands-on project-based activities aligned to national standards for ease of implementation into the classroom. Each video will introduce concepts in STEAM education for middle and high school grade students with engaging content and subject matter expert interviews. Corresponding hands-on classroom lessons are available to reinforce the video content.
The mission of the Andretti FASTTRACK Xperience is to:
- Create compelling content that truly excites and engages students in ways that inspire them to explore STEAM education and careers.
- Foster strategic partnerships among educators, parents, industry, and community.
- Provide an online system of best practices to accelerate STEAM learning and innovation.
- Geared towards middle and high school students
- Educational components include 3 engaging videos and hands-on project-based classroom activities aligned to national standards
- Includes teachers guides, lessons and worksheets
- Additional tips for remote learners
- Interviews with real-life subject matter experts
Available at no cost! (Thanks to the sponsorship of Kia Motors America.)
VIDEO 1: A Force to be Reckoned With
In this video we explore Newton’s Laws of Motion. Former racecar driver Jeff Andretti had a terrible accident over 20 years ago in the Indy 500. Follow our students as they interact with subject matter experts to learn what happened to Jeff and improvements that have been made to keep drivers safer. Momentum is explained from the perspective of a top fuel dragster driver, Ashley Sanford. Bob Bielenberg, Track Safety Engineer, discusses Inertia and Kinetic Energy with the introduction to the construction of new safety walls at the track that assist in reducing impact and resulting injuries.
Watch the first video here and download the educator guide and lessons.
They will launch a new video each month through April 2021. Visit the AFX Classroom and register to be notified as new videos and lessons are made available.
About the Andretti FASTTRACK Xperience:
AFX was founded by Jeff Andretti, former Indy Car driver and son of racing legend Mario Andretti. AFX is the cornerstone program of Team STEAM Nation, a 501c3 purposely developed to provide FREE resources to parents and educators driving our youth to actively explore STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math) education and career paths.