Good news for gamers! According to the Prime Gaming Blog, Amazon Prime members will be able to claim over 30 PC games for free via Amazon’s Prime Gaming service as part of this year’s Prime Day promotion!
That’s right, now’s your chance to get even more games to add to your ever-growing collection that you’ll never get around to actually playing, LOL!
On July 12-13, Prime subscribers will be able to freely download these popular games:
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition (which includes remasters of the original award-winning Mass Effect trilogy).
- Need for Speed Heat, the open-world arcade racer.
- GRID Legends, the recent Codemasters racing game.
- A trio of classic Star Wars games: Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast and Star Wars: Republic Commando.
Leading up to Prime Day 2022, Amazon Prime members can already take advantage of a wonderful deal courtesy of Prime Gaming. Over 25 indie games will be available to Prime members for free between June 21 and July 13.
Standouts from this selection of free games include several SNK arcade classics (Fatal Fury Special, Metal Slug 2, Samurai Shodown 2, and a couple of King of Fighters), cult platformer Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and color-manipulating puzzle adventure Hue. Here is the full list:
- 10 Second Ninja X
- 8Doors: Arum’s Afterlife Adventure
- Addling Adventures
- Bang Bang Racing
- Clouds & Sheep 2
- Death Squared
- Fatal Fury Special
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
- Gone Viral
- Manual Samuel
- Metal Slug 2
- Metal Unit
- Pumped BMX Pro
- Puzzle of the Year 10 Pack
- Rain World
- Road Trip 3 Pack
- Samurai Shodown II
- Serial Cleaner
- The Crow’s Eye
- The Darkside Detective
- The Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark
- The King of Fighters 2000
- The King of Fighters 2002
- The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor
Polygon calls Prime Gaming “one of the strangest and most easily forgotten offshoots of the sprawling Amazon Prime service.” LOL! It mostly offers free DLC items and in-game boosts, a handful of older PC games, and a rotating collection of free PC games every month (that you can download and keep forever), plus a free Twitch subscription.
If you have a Prime membership, it’s worth remembering to log in to Prime Gaming to get some of the freebies being offered during the Prime Day celebration. In addition to those free games, you can claim the following free games as part of the monthly program:
- Maniac Mansion is a classic point-and-click adventure game that was originally released way back in 1987, and it’s one of the most influential entries in the genre’s history.
- Suzerain is a text-based RPG that puts you in the shoes of a president of a fictional nation on the brink of war, requiring you to make decisions that will alter the future of your country and the world at large.
- Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark is a turn-based tactical RPG played from an isometric perspective across grid-based battlefields. It was inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics and other notable games in the genre.
- Fishing: North Atlantic is exactly what it sounds like: it’s a fishing simulator set in the North Atlantic Ocean.
If you’re not already an Amazon Prime member, now is the perfect time to sign up! Not only will be able to get free games (if nothing else, you should definitely get the Mass Effect trilogy if you haven’t played it yet), but you’ll also be able to take advantage of the massive discounts that will be offered during the Amazon Prime Day 2022 sales event.
Amazon customers can visit Prime Gaming to learn more. If you’re not already a Prime member, you can join by visiting Amazon Prime.
1 CommentAdd a Comment