By Logan Block
I am the content director of Sleepopolis, which believes deeply in the value of education and giving back. My college experience and education helped prepare me for both personal and professional challenges. It’s my hope that I can help others achieve that experience as well. So it is with great pleasure that I would like to announce the 3rd Annual Sleepopolis Scholarship available for the 2019-2020 school year.
Applicants must be:
- Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States OR current college students already studying at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- U.S. citizens
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at time of application or already in possession of high school diploma / GED
- Planning to or already currently pursuing a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA currently
How to Apply:
To apply, please create a short video (no longer than 5 minutes) that answers the following questions:
- How has the internet changed the way you research and buy products?
- How has the internet changed old-school industries? (ex. mattresses, newspapers, television, etc.)
- If you could change an established industry for the better using the internet, which would it be and what would you do to change it?
Make your video creative, innovative, informative, entertaining, and interesting! The video that best captures these attributes and answers the required questions will win this year’s scholarship award. Production and editing quality counts. Don’t simply talk into a web cam for 5 minutes. Multiple shooting locations, good audio / video quality, nice video transitions, and a clearly communicated presentation style all help. Watch the previous winners for ideas!
Award Amount: $1000
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2020
Winner Announcement: April 15, 2020
More information about the Sleepopolis Scholarship is available at the following link: