Home-Security.com is proud to announce a new scholarship contest, open to all college and university students. The contest is fairly straightforward: write an essay based on the topic of clean energy and submit it via email.
This year, they’re offering three scholarship prizes for the top three essay submissions.
- First place: $750
- Second place: $500
- Third place: $250
The Clean Energy Debate
Today’s world uses far too much energy, with access to few sources of sustainable “clean” energy. Clean energy is important because, when efficiently implemented, it can reduce our use of imported fuels and also decrease the air pollutants caused by energy use.
However, clean energy cannot be put to use for all energy applications (yet), which is why most areas in the world still rely on carbon-based energy sources.
With continuing improvements in the energy industry, experts predict renewable energy sources could replace fossil fuel energy sources by as early as 2050.
To that end, this year’s essay topic is as follows:
What Is the Best Source of Clean Energy and Why?
Questions to Consider
- Which energy source will produce the most immediate renewable energy results?
- Which energy source might we be able to store long term?
- What do we need to do to make the use of clean energy more widespread?
- How can we take actionable steps as a society to ensure that we have access to energy sources for generations to come?
- How will using clean energy help our economy?
The selection committee will be looking for essays that are:
- Well-researched, with facts to support your stance.
- Well-written and free from grammatical errors.
- Offer a fresh perspective and actionable solutions.
- The essay must be original, written by you specifically for this contest.
- Cite your sources as either in-text links or at the end of the essay.
- The maximum word count is 1200 words.
- Please share your essay via Google Documents, with sharing settings open, as multiple people on the editorial team may need to review it.
- Subject heading: “Scholarship Essay Contest Submission: Your Name.”
- Also include the educational institution you’re attending, your major, and your student ID.
- Award winnings will be made payable to the educational institution of scholarship winners.
- Essays will be accepted through June 1, 2023.
- Essay winners will be announced on January 15, 2024.
For more information, please view the Clean Energy Scholarship page: