It’s back-to-school season, and for high school seniors, that means it’s time to start looking to the future. By getting a jump on scholarship and grant applications, they’ll be able to worry less about funding a college education and more about getting into their dream schools. At Edutude, we know that in the busy lives of teenagers, this type of less-than-thrilling research sometimes falls to the wayside, as it can be a daunting task. We wanted to lend a helping hand to ensure that every student has a fair shot at higher education, so we’ve put together a fantastic Scholarship Starter Kit for students.
- Horatio Alger Scholarship – This is a major national scholarship program that specifically assists high school students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives.
- Rosen Hagood Community Service Scholarship – This scholarship will award $1,000 to the student who best describes their experiences that demonstrate a commitment to community service as well as what role that commitment will play in their academic career.
- U.S. Bank Student Union Scholarship – Register to win up to $20,000 and earn up to eight additional entries for every Financial Education tutorial completed.
- Best1X Animal Welfare Scholarship – There is no age bar or any other form of restriction imposed for this scholarship, as long as the applicant is, or will be at the time of receiving the scholarship, a student of higher secondary US institute and shows an interest in animal welfare or protecting wildlife.
- Don’t Text and Drive Scholarship – The purpose of this $1,000 scholarship is to help students understand the risks of texting while driving.
- CARiD Scholarship Program – CARiD is giving away $1,000 for the most creative, inspiring, thought-provoking photo inspired by any aspect of the automotive industry such as your first car, custom modifications, something that makes your vehicle unique, or the coolest vehicle you’ve ever seen.
- Aspiring Nurse Scholarship – This scholarship competition is open to all high school seniors who plan to pursue college education in nursing, including LPN / LVN, ADN, and BSN programs.
- Given 2 Fly Scholarship – For those who have faced significant obstacles such as homelessness, substance abuse, physical or mental illness and wish to overcome them through educational opportunities or starting a business.
- American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship – This college scholarship contest is open to high school seniors/homeschoolers who plan to enroll in a 2- or 4-year college/university/technical/career/online school based in the USA.
- Lawntrepreneur Scholarship – Maybe you sowed the seeds of entrepreneurial spirit by starting a lawn care company in high school, or maybe you’re planning on building the next big landscaping company. If either one sounds like you, then you should apply for this scholarship!
- Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarships – The Coca-Cola Scholars Program is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors.
- Fast Road to Success Scholarship – If you are a dynamic, passionate, hard-working student in high school, college, university, or trade school, create a 500-1000 word article explaining what security challenges we face, why you think security is the key to a safer future, and how you can shape society.
- TopSpot Scholarship – This scholarship is open to any current or future college student interested in a career in business or marketing, specifically digital marketing.
- Make Me Laugh Scholarship – Not all scholarships have to be serious. Make Me Laugh is a fun scholarship that lets you cut loose and lighten things up. Looking for a scholarship for comedians? Now is your chance to show us your funny bone. Perhaps you always have an embarrassing – but funny – story to share. Great!
- Mobility Scholarship – This scholarship applies to students who have a mobility disability, excelled academically, and have a passion for disability awareness in America.
- Hit the Books Scholarship – Here’s one for coffee lovers! In this scholarship from CoffeeForLess.com, candidates should submit an essay of no more than 500 words on the importance of education in their lives and how the scholarship will assist their goals. Bonus points will be awarded to those students who find a creative way to include their passion for coffee within the essay without losing sight of the primary topic.
As you can see, a wide variety of scholarships are out there — it’s just a matter of starting the search! We hope our Scholarship Starter Kit has inspired you to apply to a scholarship of interest to you.