We are connected to everyone, all the time. We can know virtually anything, at any time, in just a few clicks. But can we know what God is saying to us that easily?
What would you do if you could text God all your questions, all your worries, all your doubts and fears? What if He was always online and would always answer you? Would you start typing right now?
Created by bestselling authors Michael and Hayley DiMarco, The TEXT Bible helps students, young adults, new believers—and anyone who doesn’t feel confident studying the Bible on their own—uncover God’s message to humanity.
Knowing who God is will give you answers to life’s big questions that you might not have even known you needed.
God Wants YOU…
- To know His character and His plans for the world.
- To see the truth about humanity.
- To understand the hope you have in Jesus.
- To begin a life-changing conversation with the Creator of the universe.
- To share what you discover in God’s Word with others.
God sent you a message. Find it in The TEXT. This Bible is designed for people who want to increase their connection with God through engagement with His Word. The TEXT introduces a new Bible study method with the acronym T-E-X-T:
- Talk to God;
- Encounter God and humanity in Scripture;
- eXamine your heart;
- Talk to others.
This memorable and easy-to-use Bible engagement technique is designed to help tweens, teens, and new Christians overcome the challenges faced in reading and studying Scripture. The technique will also help Christian readers, teachers, and leaders of any experience level interact with God’s message in a personal way.
List of Features
The TEXT Bible is not meant to sit on a shelf – this is a Bible that’s designed with many useful features so you will actually use it every day!
- Book introductions provide an overview of the background and historical context of the book about to be read.
- The Thomas Nelson NET translation used in THE TEXT Bible is a good, solid translation of the Word of God.
- Texting the Text: use the 4-step process of Scripture engagement.
- Big Q of the Text: big life questions with short answers.
- “Who is God?”: 100 short devotions on the person and character of God.
- Praying the Text: learn how to start praying God’s Word right back to Him.
- Get to Know the Text: provides concise history of a major event or character.
- Follow the Thread: navigate the Bible across topics.
- Anatomy of the Text: describes parts of speech or important types of literature such as parables or apocalyptic books.
- Terms of the Text: what you need to understand about some of the unique words in the Bible.
- Wide margins provide space to take notes, reflect, journal or doodle next to your favorite verses.
- Bible reading plans guiding you through the entire Bible, complete with boxes to check off when you finish each chapter or section.
- Concordance for looking up a word’s occurrences throughout the Bible.
- Ribbon markers for you to easily navigate and keep track of where you were reading.
- 8 full-color maps show a visual representation of Israel and other biblical locations for better context.
- Clear and readable 9-point NET Comfort Print.
- And finally, what would a TEXT Bible be without hashtags! There’s a whole list of them at the end of the book with corresponding verses that you can share on your social media.
About the Authors
Michael and Hayley DiMarco are the prolific and award-winning husband and wife team who have written over forty books, with two Christian Book of the Year Awards for Youth and dozens of bestsellers for both teens and adults including The Big Picture, The Fruitful Wife, Die Young, Over It, Mean Girls, God Girl, God Guy, God Girl Bible, and God Guy Bible. Hayley has been a featured speaker at Women of Faith, Precept Women’s Conference, Faithlife Women, and MOPS International, while Michael has been a ministry consultant and speaker for some of the largest organizations in the US. Together, they work side-by-side at Hungry Planet, a company they founded that creates winsome and spiritually based content for teens and young adults. They live in Oregon where Michael serves as a pastor at the First Baptist Church of Eugene.
One of our readers will win 1 (one) copy of The TEXT Bible (hardcover). It’s easy to enter the giveaway! Simply leave a comment below telling how you would use this Bible. NOTE: Comments are moderated, so it may take a while for yours to appear.
This giveaway runs through Wednesday, January 18th, at 11:59 pm (Pacific Time).
One comment will be selected randomly, and the winner will be announced on Thursday, January 19th.
— The giveaway is limited to U.S. winners only.
— The winner will be notified by email to submit their full name and mailing address to receive the Bible.
— The winner will have 24 hours to submit their information.
— If the info is not received by the end of the 24 hours, a new winner will be selected.
— If the chosen winner has already won the same prize on another blog, that winner will be disqualified and a different winner will be selected.
Many thanks to Harper Collins Christian Publishing for providing a copy of The TEXT Bible for writing this review. Opinions are 100% my own.