Design the official t-shirt for Homeschooling Teen!
We’re celebrating our 5th Anniversary! To show our enthusiasm and spirit, we want to be sporting a cool, one-of-a-kind t-shirt that shows off the fact that we are educated at home. Our t-shirt design should be epic, imaginative, and wearable. An idea can be as simple as a few words or as complicated as a polished piece of artwork. Be as creative as you want – it’s totally up to you! The winner will receive the following:
PRIZE PACKAGE (TOTAL VALUE: $150)
- 3 complimentary t-shirts of your design – one for you, AND a couple for your family or friends ($48 value).
- A digital copy of Philosophy Adventure – Pre-Socratics – includes Reader, Student Workbook, and Teacher’s Resources ($39.95 value).
- Ticket for the Ultimate Teen Expo hosted by MediaAngels in July ($19.95 value).
- The Ruhige: Book 1, and United Fifty-Two: The Ruhige: Book Two, written by Homeschooling Teen columnist Narrelle Gilchrist ($22.00 value).
- Making and Managing Money for Teens (PDF ebook) by Olivia Brodock, an 18-year-old with true entrepreneurial spirit ($6.97 value).
- Abraham Lincoln: The Boy, the Man / El Nino, El Hombre, a bilingual pictorial biography ($9.95 value).
- 3 copies of The Citizens Rule Book, containing the complete text of The Declaration of Independence, The United States Constitution, and The Bill of Rights in a handy pocket size ($3.00 value).
PLUS recognition on our website, the joy of seeing people wear the t-shirt that YOU designed… and you will not only get bragging rights but it will also be an honor that you can list on your transcript!
Don’t miss your chance to have your design worn by homeschool teens all across the country and even around the world! Seize this opportunity to make your mark as a graphic artist or designer. Submit your best designs for the Homeschooling Teen t-shirt contest today. We’ll choose our favorite and have it made into t-shirts to be available for sale on our website. We look forward to seeing your creations and developing some stylish new t-shirts soon!
HOW TO ENTER
Eligibility: The contest is open to all homeschooling teens ages 13-19 living in the US and Canada. (HomeschoolingTeen.com columnists, writers, editors, and staff are not eligible to participate, sorry.)
Application: Click Here to Download Official Entry Form (PDF)
Submission: Save designs in digital format (high resolution JPG, PNG or PDF) and e-mail to email@example.com with “T-Shirt Contest Entry” as your subject line. Important! You must also complete and sign the Official Entry Form, then scan and attach it to your e-mail. By entering the contest, you agree to the official rules and regulations below.
Deadline: The contest begins on November 1, 2013 and ends on November 22, 2013, at 11:59 PM (PST).
● Artist must be a homeschooling teen, age 13-19, living in the United States or Canada, currently homeschooled according to the laws governing the state and county or province in which the student resides. HomeschoolingTeen.com columnists, writers, editors, and staff are not eligible to participate.
● Submit only original designs. By entering the competition, the artist claims the design and all elements to be his or her own.
● All entries must be submitted in digital format (JPG, PNG, or PDF) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “T-Shirt Contest Entry.”
● All entries must include a scanned copy of the official entry form. If you are younger than 18, your parent or guardian must sign this confirmation of your submission.
● All designs submitted become the property of HomeschoolingTeen.com. By submitting your design to Homeschooling Teen, you hereby grant to Homeschooling Teen exclusive rights to use, reproduce, and distribute your design indefinitely on advertising, promotional material, t-shirts and/or other products that may or may not be sold on the HomeschoolingTeen.com website, voiding any compensation.
● Homeschooling Teen reserves the right to modify the winning design before printing, including image size and ink colors.
● Designs may be drawn by hand or using computer software, but must be created by you.
● The design must be original, unpublished work and must not have previously won any awards.
● The design must not include any third-party, trademarked, or copyrighted logos, images, phrases, or other material.
● The design can be of traditional, cartoon, abstract, or contemporary styles as long as it is original and appealing.
● Designs may include clever sayings, words, or phrases. Any wording in the design must be legible and spelled correctly.
● Your design MUST include the words HomeschoolingTeen.com (It can be obvious or discrete, but it must be there.) Entries without the words HomeschoolingTeen.com in the design will be disqualified.
● Designs must promote Homeschooling Teen magazine and/or homeschooling teens in general. We want to offer shirts that teens would enjoy wearing to show off the fact that they are educated at home.
● Submit front t-shirt designs only. There should be no text or visuals on the back of the shirt.
● Designs can be any shape and the orientation may be either portrait or landscape, but the dimensions should not be less than 1200 x 1500 pixels or 8 x 10”, nor should it exceed 1800 x 2100 pixels or 12″ x 14″ (if drawing by hand, 8 ½ x 11” is a good size).
● If drawing by hand, use BLACK ink or marker with up to 3 other colors. (Please do not use pencil or pen for the design.)
● Please submit your design in a high resolution JPG or PNG file format. If it is hand drawn, it must be scanned and submitted as a PDF.
● Participants may enter up to three designs. We will judge illustrations only; please do not submit actual designed t-shirts.
● The design must be family-friendly. Homeschooling Teen reserves the right to refuse any designs deemed inappropriate.
● Submissions that contain objectionable themes (alcohol, drugs, violence, hate, etc.) will not be accepted.
● The actual t-shirt may be any color, so make sure your design will harmonize with multiple t-shirt colors.
REVIEW & SELECTION
● A panel of judges at Homeschooling Teen will review the t-shirt design entries. They will evaluate submissions based on creativity, originality, visual expression, execution of presentation, and skill/talent level displayed.
● The panel of judges will select (1) winning design. The winning design will be the one that best promotes Homeschooling Teen magazine while reflecting the enthusiasm and spirit of homeschool teens.
● All decisions of the judges are final and interpretations of the guidelines are at Homeschooling Teen’s sole discretion.
● Entries must be received by November 22, 2013, at 11:59 PM (PST). Homeschooling Teen is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, or illegible entries.
● Any artwork submitted becomes the property of Homeschooling Teen. We will be unable to return any files or artwork submitted for the contest.
NOTIFICATION & PRIZES
● The winner will be will be notified by e-mail and announced on December 2, 2013 before 6:00 PM (PST). Only the winner will be contacted. All decisions are final.
● The winning artist will receive: publication of your winning design entry, headshot, and bio on the Homeschooling Teen website and in the e-zine; and a fabulous prize package worth $150.
● Homeschooling Teen reserves the right to substitute different prizes of comparable value.
● By entering, entrants/winners agree: (1) to release Homeschooling Teen from any and all claims, injuries, liability, losses or damages of any kind, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of any prize or participation in this contest; (2) to be bound by the Official Rules; (3) that the decision of the sponsor is final and binding on all matters relating to the contest; (4) to the use of their names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes solely in connection with this contest.
Questions? Contact email@example.com